[food for thought] Women On Twitter React To The Cameron Diaz Comment ‘Every Woman Wants To Be Objectified’

Taken from here.



Cameron Diaz got candid with the Sunday Times recently, making the controversial case for why “every woman does want to be objectified” – while also making feminists worldwide stare blankly like movie critics did at Bad Teacher.
Oblivious to the brow-raising reactions her comments could bring, Diaz tells the paper, “There’s a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it’s healthy.”
She even goes as far as to say that she personally finds skin-tastic, risqué photo shoots to be “empowering.”
I’m not some young girl with the photographer going, ‘Will you take your clothes off?’ I’m like [mimes stripping], ‘How does this look?’ They’re like, ‘Today we’re not going to put anything other than bras and heels on you, and I’m like, ‘These heels are not high enough.’
Diaz adds, “I know what I feel comfortable doing and I know my sexuality.”
The truth is that I don’t fully agree with her, but I also don’t fully disagree with her. I think every warm-blooded woman wants to feel sexy, and the way that women choose to do that should be completely up to them based on their comfortability level. It’s one thing if someone tells you to take off your clothes and another if you voluntarily take them off proudly.
What do you think? Here are seven tweets that say it all.
Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN.com

Related posts:
Women On Twitter React To The Cameron Diaz Comment ‘Every Woman Wants To Be Objectified’ is a post from TheGrindstone - Where work comes to play.

0 comments:

Find Past Posts