Inspirational Quotes From The Nobel Peace Prize Speeches To Share With Your Daughter
On Friday, December 9th, three women accepted the Nobel Peace Prize for their courageous efforts supporting women around the globe and leading their countries to peace. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkol Karman are inspirations, not just in their own countries, but to women everywhere. And their acceptance speeches provide a perfect opportunity to discuss these woman and their stories with our young girls. It’s the perfect time to show what one girl or woman can do when she works hard and believes in herself.Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is the President of Liberia and the first democratically-elected female President in Africa. Leymah Gbowee is the head of Women Peace and Security Network Africa. And Tawakkol Karman is an activist in Yemen, fighting for women’s rights. These women are leaders. They are powerful, intelligent and dedicated women and they are the types of role models we all want for our kids. The speeches in their entirety are available on the Nobel Laureate website.
As moms, we should all be excited to share this great moment in history with our young girls. Here’s a few talking points to get you started.
- Jon Hamm Is A Feminist Who Advocates Male Role Models
- Nine-Year-Old Princess Elisabeth Of Belgium Should Be Your Daughter’s Role Model
- Role Models: Children Should Not Be Looking To Celebrities In The First Place
- Is ‘Equalism’ The New ‘Feminism?’
- Matricentic Feminism: Feminism That Prioritizes The Needs Of Mothers