Would You Wear: Vera Wang’s Black Wedding Gowns

Taken from here.

It’s Bridal time (FUCK YEAH MARRIAGE)! All the heavy hitters–Carolina Herrera, Monique Lhuillier, Oscar de la Renta–are showing wedding collections for Fall 2012. Interestingly, the heaviest hitter of them all, Vera Wang, was feeling pretty moody: black wedding gown levels of moody. For what it’s worth, Wang was wading into darker waters last season (she showed lots of dove gray) but still kept it pretty romantic and delicate. This collection, however, is downright goth. I don’t mean to be a completely ridiculous parody of my high school goth self but… I kind of like them?

Granted, I loved Katie Shillingford‘s “funeral shroud” wedding gown by Gareth Pugh, so that’s where I’m at it. Anyway, here’s some of Wang’s black gowns. Let us know what you think!

Slideshow here.

Photos via WWD

Related posts:


Post from: TheGloss

0 comments:

Find Past Posts